Thursday, August 27, 2009

From Larry and Ivy Cole

"Let me start by saying how deeply sorry we are for your families loss and for your loss Nicole.

When I think of Bryan I think of Smooth Operator, Gentleman, Prankster, Talented Musician but most of all I think of Son, Friend and someone that I could truly trust. I could trust him with the lives of my children all the time. I could trust that always and forever he would make people smile and be a wonderful person. I do not know if many people know this but for many years Bryan was like a fixture in our home. I never knew if when I woke up if he would be crashed out somewhere in our little home but that was fine because that meant that everyone was safe. I treated him just like I treated Bryce and Ashley, I expected him to help with the chores if he stayed here and made a mess. He accepted the responsibility graciously because his mother taught him so well. No matter what kind of day I was having Bryan could make me laugh. When my daughter was so sick he was there to try and help me see the brighter side of things as where many other people but he had a special way of doing things. He knew that the way to my heart was through music and hugs. With Bryan there was always and abundance of both of those. With my son Bryce, Bryan and Ashley and Brent (my son in law) all in the house there was never a shortage of laughter we also had the brother sister squabbles that Brent and Bryan seemed to have to referee from time to time. I do not know if that was always a healthy thing for them… But to get back to Bryan. He was like a brother to both of my children and for that I will be eternally grateful to him. No words can say how much our family loves Bryan and how much his memories will be treasured by all of us. I think of he and my son in the Band Pendulum when they did a performance at the college and how the show must go on. He was playing his guitar and doing a fine job. I was in the balcony area and my son had dyed his hair black so I could see that his hair was thinning a lot. I noticed that and they where really into there music when all of a sudden Bryan’s pants fell to the ground, he just kind of spread his legs trying to hold them up but his efforts where futile. They fell and the show went on. At least he had on clean underwear. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. I am sure that the moment went down in history. The barn concert was awesome, yes there adults where allowed. You raised a wonderful son and thank you for sharing him with all of us.

Nicole this is for you sweetheart, every time Bryan and I spoke he told me how much he loved you. You where the love of his life. He said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you and that he did. He never thought it would end this soon. He cherished you so much. Nicole you need anything we are here.

Bryan lived a full and rich life he had a one of a kind metronome heart that he could keep his own beat to and I loved to listen to it. I think a lot of us did. To me it meant a lot because my father had the same problem as did Bryan and passed away almost 11 years ago. So I look at Bryan as a new hope for people and thank God that we had him in our lives for as long as we did. We all have been very lucky to have known and loved Bryan. I will always cherish his memories and I hope to meet him on the other side.

Love you Bryan always and forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment